Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Altered Box for Miriam's Craft Supplies

Hello!!

I'm happy to share another  DT project for Miriam's Craft Supplies.  This month our challenge on the DT is the theme of containers.  I got this cute little wood box from my local Dollar Tree a while back.   I knew I wanted to alter it somehow but was stumped.  I turned to Pinterest for inspiration and found so much, I was mind boggled!



So the first thing I did was paint the box, then I did some faux distressing with a few swipes of black acrylic  paint.   Then the poor box sat there all lonely and things.   When I was asked to join Miriam's DT-the light went off!  I saw those metal corners and the metal pieces she sells and I was hooked!

















Like I mentioned before. Pinterest is my place to go to for inspiration.  I decided to practice my collage skills mixed media style.  Thanks to Miriam's store, I now have myself a cute little jewelry box.

Products from www.miriamscraftingblog.com used:

Picture Picture


Picture

I hope you've enjoyed the project/pics and please stop by miriamscraftingblog.com and join in the challenges and do some shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment