Friday, August 22, 2014

Fantasy Theme For Miriam's Crafting Supplies

Hello!

I'm here to share with you a few quick projects for the month of August using my DT package from Miriam's Crafting Supplies.  This month, our projects are in the theme of fantasy/whismsical.  I love to make ATCs and had a blast making these canvas back ATCs, canvas provided by Miriam's shop.  I used Dylusions spray inks for my background, fussy cut images of children(found via Pinterest), glitter glue and some of Miriam's goodies.  I did adhere my canvas to some cardboard upcycled from my little one's fruit snack box to give the ATCs a backing.

 I used the blue flat back pearls from the shop to add some interest to the little fairy girl ATCs, gives the eye somewhere else to look I think.  For the Fairy King ATC, I used one of Miriam's lovely corner pieces and positioned above the little boy's head to represent a crown, he's so handsome!  Can you tell I love angels? The beautiful metal piece used on the angels kissing ATC gives the effect of a halo over those two cuties.  I simply printed up various words to use for my ATCs on my home printer, then cut them out and adhered with Glossy Accents.  As you can see, I also used Tim Holtz Stickles glitter glue around the borders of the words and ATCs for further interest.  All of my fantasies involve glitter!






I also created this awesome wood panel for Miriam's Crafting Supplies this month.  This project is inspired by the altered canvases I've seen on Pinterest and  YouTube.  I had a package of precut wood panels I'd purchased eons ago from AC Moore.  Basically here's what you do:

Take a wood panel or canvas board(any size you prefer), layer various metal pieces found in Miriam's shop all over the panel.  I used E6000 to glue mine down, use it in a room with good ventilation.  Let your collaged pieces dry for about an hour or so.  Since my wood was raw,  I used two or three coats of gesso randomly all over the panel.  Once the gesso was dry, I started painting with liquid acrylics using no particular pattern.  I chose five colors to work with, any more than that is overkill.  My colors were teal, pink, cream, lilac and white. 

I did originally plan to let my Priam Fairy Belle torn papers show but then decided to use them more as a texture.  I glued them down to the gessoed canvas, then painted over the papers and the metal accents using all the colors of paint except white.  When paintingover the metal pieces and beads be sure to not mix your paint colors.  I used a combination of fingers and brush to paint in the panel.  Once the colors were down, I let them dry then went in with white acrylic paint.  Paint all over the panel with the white or whichever focus color you choose.  When painting over, you want your other acrylic colors to show through but not be out there in your face.   In order to achieve this paint randomly and lightly, if you do it to heavy or too many coats, you don't get the white washed effect.   Add flowers or any other accent pieces items, such as the metal embellishment from Miriam's shop and the Tim Holtz doll.  Did you see the little crown I got from Miriam? It looks awesome glued to my doll's head!   Lightly dry brush more white paint onto your final embellishments, let dry and display.   I hope you've enjoyed this quick tutorial, if you have any questions please do ask me or check with Miriam and we'll get you an answer!  Thanks for stopping by, here are a few more little pics for you to enjoy.








Products used:
canvas ATCs from http://www.miriamscraftingblog.com/
acrylic paints
brush
wood panel or canvas board
paper flowers
beads
spray inks
computer images, words
glitter glue
strong glue such as E6000
Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz doll figure
 buttons
  Items below are courtesy of Miriam's Crafting Supplies:
Picture


Picture

Picture

Picture

Picture
Picture
Picture
PicturePicture


No comments:

Post a Comment