Friday, October 3, 2014

Little Pink Boxes Tutorial


Hello everyone, this month over at Miriam's Crafting Supplies we are doing everything pink.  As you know, October is  Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I decided to alter some mini paper ache boxes.

Start with a paper mâché box and two shades of pink craft paint.  You can gesso your box first, I did not because I want some of the original box color to show through.  Paint boxes inside and out with darker pink paint, let dry.  Next, randomly go over boxes with lighter pink shade, use a baby wipe to remove paint or lighten some areas.  Once your boxes are dry, distress ink the edges, use as much or as little as you like.



Next begin embellishing your box tops with Miriam's Crafting Supplies charms, bling and flowers of your choice.  I chose to use Miriam's dragonfly, pink bling, pearls, bra charm and winged charm.  The brass color of the charms work perfect for this project because I wanted a vintage feel.



I didn't want to overdo it so I had to stop myself with the pretty charms! You can add Miriam's embellishments to the side or inside of your box for added dimension or interest.  I chose to do the tops only because I want mine to serve as storage for more embellishments.


I hope you've enjoyed this quick and beautiful process.  Please go to Miriam's 
Crafting Supplies this month and join us for the Pink Challenge.

Supplies:
Miriam's Crafting Supplies-www.miriamscraftingblog.com
craft paint, use two shades, one dark, one light
paper mache boxes(any size, I like the miniature ones)
strong adhesive(Ranger Glossy Accents)
paint brush
paper flowers(search Google or YouTube, so many suppliers out there!)
 
Picture
Picture
PicturePicture
Picture





2 comments:

  1. I love this Melody! The bra charm is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful!! thanks for sharing the tute!

    ReplyDelete